Madolyn & Eric

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hats

Fellow theatre students will understand my reference to hats in this post. Let's just say a certain faculty member enjoys using the metaphor to express their tendency to need to fulfill many different roles at any given moment. As you switch roles, let's say from director to actor, you're wearing another "hat" At the moment, I feel like I'm wearing so many hats that it is going to permanently disfigure my head.

Here's my running list:

Playwright (5 hours a day)
Actor (5 hours a day)
Teacher (8 hours a day)
Fiance
Friend
Roommate
Daughter
Daughter-In-Law
Sister
Puppy owner
Zombie enthusiast
Interior decorator
Wedding planner
Blogger

As a direct result of the first three, there is extremely little time for the others that follow it. This is why I very rarely have any contact with the outside world anymore. This also may or may not be why I'm currently writing this post while supervising children in the computer lab. Don't worry, I can multi-task. I've learned that the key to my success is a white chocolate mocha. And sleeping in my car on my lunch break.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I've also found that lunch time car naps are essential these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madolyn you are the best--no matter what hat you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete