Madolyn & Eric

Monday, November 15, 2010

Senioritus Extreme

I have been doing a terrible job of being a cool blogger... In my defense, however, I did write a blog a couple of months ago but due to my hatred (the feeling is mutual) of technology, my computer decided to delete my blog before I posted it and I thought eh... oh well. I'm so not writing that again. It was a good blog though, believe you me. Epic. I have found a new reason to blog however... avoiding my homework! That's right. I have me a mean case of senioritus and the only cure is more cowbell. Or more blogging. I will go to any lengths to avoid homework, including spewing random factoids about my life.

I've been horrified at the lack of effort I've been putting into things lately. Last night I had an assignment due at midnight and I turned it in at literally midnight. It was pretty awesome but also pretty dang ridiculous. College has beaten me down into a zombie-like state and after being an overachiever for most of my life, I think I've finally gotten it knocked out of me. At least for the time being. Instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing, I've developed some kind of weird affinity for TLC reality shows... I know. It's really really that bad. I guess most of my lack of effort has to do with the fact that I'm ready to just start my life already and stop worrying about my grades which aren't going to matter much at all in about two months anyway. What I especially don't want to do is work on my capstone play anymore and that is becoming a big problem. It's a chapter of my life that I'd like to put behind me and continuing to obsess over it and edit it is soooooo not how I want to be spending my time.

My play didn't end up being exactly how I'd envisioned it and the reviews were a little less than stellar. I know that's just me being hard on myself, but to make it in this business you have to be great... I hate to admit it but it's really made me reluctant to get back into writing again. I'm not feeling particularly confident anymore in my abilities and not trying again is a lot less scary then failing is right now. I know this is starting to sound like a lifetime movie, but what good are these online bloggy things if not for complaining right? I'm going to get over it eventually, but for right now I'm just not feeling it. I have a couple of promising pieces that I'm working on though, and I know with just a little more time I'll be back to my old self again.

Luckily, I have Eric who is my constant support system and tells me everything I write is the best thing he's ever read... Whether or not that's condusive to my betterment as a writer is questionable, but the sentiment is sweet and something I can always count on. Another thing I can count on is having Chelsea and Carl there to make me laugh and give me advice which is always wondeful. I love our little clan, and is it immature if I think we should all just live together forever?? If only we could clean our apartment once in a while... Oh well. Totally worth it.

As for now... should probably do my Shakespeare homework that's due tomorrow. Aggg. Shakespeare. Yet another thing I used to love that college has made me despise.

No comments:

Post a Comment