Madolyn & Eric

Monday, December 5, 2011

What Transpired This Morning, Aka Double Fail.

So I wake up this morning to Eric leaning over me. He tells me he's about to leave for work. This is extremely confusing to me as Eric and I always get ready at around the same time... and my alarm had never gone off.

You see, I do that whole thing where you set the alarm for an hour earlier than you actually need to wake up, thus tricking yourself into thinking that you are getting to sleep in... while actually reducing the amount of sleep you get. It's ingenious really. Much like the story I will be telling you later.

So anyway, I'm mad because my alarm never went off and it feels way to early to be getting up. Eric is standing by the door, fully dressed for work with backpack in hand. He says he's leaving and I say bye... then I look at my cell phone to see how late I will be to work at this point... And its 1:50 a.m.

Uh... Eric... Is my cellphone broken or something? It says it's 1:50 a.m. Eric looks at his cell phone and falls into a heap on the floor. I think he was half laughing and half crying. It was definitely 1:50 am and Eric had definitely eaten breakfast at 1:00 in the morning. The boy must have dreamed that his alarm went off. We go back to bed very happy that we do not actually have to wake up three hours after we went to bed.

Fast forward to 6:30 am. I am late for work, as per usual, and frantically searching for my keys. I'm looking everywhere and yelling expletives at this point. At best I will now be twenty minutes late to work. Leo is very confused. I call Eric. Eric, do you know where my keys are???

Madolyn. They're in the fridge.

Oh. Yeah. Click.

Yep. Remember when I alluded to an ingenious plan earlier? I decided that the best way for me to not forget my lunch in the morning was to put my keys in my lunchbox in the fridge. Clever right? Turns out, in order for that plan to work you have to actually remember that you had an ingenious plan to begin with. Moral of the story? Eric and I are not morning people and need to find jobs that don't have us waking up at 5 am. And we might be just silly enough to deserve each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment